Friday, August 20, 2010

Warning: Being MIA from the blogging world is hazardous to your health

Currently Listening to: We Can Work It Out - The Beatles
Time: 9:50pm
Mood: Exasperated

Warning: The following post won't make much sense to you. Its okay. Just go with it.






You really can't imagine what's gone on around here lately. Know how I said I'd get back into posting? Yeah. I lied.

As it turned out, blogging daily just wasn't in the cards for me. Want to know why? You do? Well let me tell you.

Boyfriend and I are no more.

True story. He had to go.

le sigh.

See, I was living with my boyfriend (big no-no, I am aware. Hindsight is twenty-twenty my friends) and our lease was coming to an end. We toyed with the idea of renting a house, but seeing as how its a buyer's market currently, my boyfriend decided to go ahead and buy a house. A house he wanted my help picking out.A house he wanted me to live in with him. So we found a house that was so incredibly adorable and perfect for us that we fell in love with it the moment we walked in the door. That's the picture up top. A charming three bedroom, two bath, suitable for a couple just like the two of us. And then, two weeks before moving day, it happened.

He lied. And I found out about it. At 6:30 in the morning no less. So I called my mom and between sobs asked to move home.

And here we are. "We", of course, being me; my two dogs;and my parrot. Along with all of the items I had accumulated while I lived with the boy, the dogs and the parrot and I are crammed into this tiny room. Wretched pink walls mock my very existence. The lime green trim I once loved makes me stomach turn. Boxes line the walls, pictures and wall art are leaning against the wall instead of hanging....my world has been turned upside down. I despise this.

While moving out isn't an option currently (I'll get to that at a later date), I'm going to make the best of being here. I've learned I have a bit of a knack for decorating and with creativity like mine, it'd be a sad thing to let it go to waste. So I've purchased new bedding, paint, and a few other items. I've been scouring Craigslist and Goodwill for furniture I can repaint and reuse. And you're all going on this journey with me.

From here on out, we're adding home decor to the list of crap I'll be blogging about. Why not?

[time lapse]


Its been three whole weeks since the breakup.

And guess what's happened since then.... Yup. You guessed it. He realized he "made a huge mistake and can't live without me". So we're going to try dating again. Every girl's dream, right? The guy that lies to your face for an entire month, gladly parts ways with you, them comes to the door crying, literally, crying and talking about what a mistake it was to let you go. My life is a friggin' fairy tale, let me tell you. Anyways, I'm giving him a second chance. Why, I don't know. The heart wants what the heart wants, but if he lies again...well, to the curb he goes!

First off, we won't be living together. He'll be required to court me again. As exciting as it is, and as pleased as I am to be doing things the right way, I hate that he's alone in the house I adored so much and I'm stuck living with my family at the age of 26 (the worst part of this is living under the same roof as my hormonal 17 year old sister. Talk about hell on earth. ha). But, we shall survive. Nothing worth having comes easily, right? Right.

Anyways, now that you know where I've been we can move on to better things. Like more nonsense from me in the future. I've got a dresser I have to give a complete makeover to, walls to paint (a beautiful turquoise color, might I add), a file cabinet to spruce up, and many more projects. I'm stoked. You should be too.

Taa-taa for now.

Steph

1 comment:

  1. :) Love you girl!! You're completely right - nothing worth having comes easily. As much as we might sometimes want it to. lol :)

    I can't wait to see what decorating things you do! You do have a knack for it!

    ReplyDelete