Friday, September 3, 2010

Fabulous Finds Friday

Currently listening to: Bennie & the Jets [Elton John]

Today is the day that I get to show off all of my recent finds.! Aren't you excited? I know I am.

Alright, first up is the filing cabinet I scored from Craigslist for a whopping $20.

Shazam!
This baby just needs a makeover, that's all. A little paint, some kind of something modpodged to it and it'll be the prettiest eyesore ever. Speaking of eyesores, did you catch a glimpse of the pink wall there behind it? Oh and the lovely lime green trim? Yeah. That's gotta go. Oh
! And look what I found when I removed the ginormous mirror from my dresser :

Know what this says to me? It says to me that when Mom was painting my room that horrendous shade of pink all those years ago, she either couldn't find the screwdriver so she could unscrew the mirror from the dresser and thus paint the wall behind the entire unit, or she was just too lazy. I'm betting on the latter.

Next up, PICTURE FRAMES! And not just any picture frames, no - AWESOME picture frames. And I got them for like $2.50 a pop.
oops. WTH Blogger? My Macbook shows the picture is vertical. Blogger doesn't seem to think so. My apologies, this picture just wasn't meant to turn out. But the picture I took of the certifiably bad-a mirror I found for $9 at Goodwill was! I plan on painting this baby black:Don't you love it? Once I free it from its terrible green prison its going to be one of my favorite pieces, I can tell. And see the bedspread in the reflection? (And myleg? And the crap I have hidden under the bed?). Black & white Damask print for the win!

So excited to get started on one or more of these projects this weekend. It *is* a 3-day weekend, after all. I should be able to accomplish something other than being a lazy bum and sending off the summer in style. ;)

Check back later for some updates.

Toodles ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment