Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mama Cass, is that you?

Currently Listening To: The Sound of Silence [Simon & Garfunkel]

Oh y'all! Look what I've done:


What a crazy, crazy week it has been! Oh my goodness! So much has gone on lately and it has all kept me from being able to blog.

For starters, you can see by the picture that I finally got around to painting the boudoir. Oh how I love turquoise. And oh how I love the black and white damask print that's so popular
right now.

A friend and I painted over labor day weekend. And let me tell you something... painting is not my favorite activity. Nope. Not by a long shot. But its so worth the hassle. I went from having wretched pink walls to beautiful walls of my favorite color. Also spray painted that horrible green mirror a lovely shade of black. I just adore that thing.

Know what else I love? HOBBY LOBBY! Specifically Hobby Lobby's 50% off sales each week. I had been eyeballing this chalkboard calender for a few months but had previously been too cheap to shell out the $40 bucks for it. Found it on sale Tuesday though and decided it was well worth the $20, namely because I am too lazy to make one myself.
Oh and I decided post-picture that trying to write on it while it is hanging on the wall is a bad idea. It makes my handwriting look absolutely terrible! Ack!


Wednesday morning, I awoke to the sounds of tropical storm Hermine leaking through the ceiling of my bedroom at about 5:00 am. THAT was fun, let me tell you. Rain was dripping from the ceiling smack dab in the middle of the room and landing at the foot of my bed. I am SO incredibly thankful I awoke before it saturated my bedclothes and mattress! I was able to pick the mattress and box spring up and shove them against the wall for the time being. I let the parental units deal with the leak. I'm not sure what they did, but I will tell you it smells oddly like an old ham sammich in my room currently. You know, like someone might have tossed a half-eaten sandwich into my room for one reason or another and it has gone undetected by myself and the dogs for two weeks and said sandwich is now stealthily and effectively hiding somewhere in my room while cultivating a farm of mold on itself. I do not eat ham, and I especially do not eat in my bedroom, so I'm not sure why the moldy ham sandwich smell is permeating my room, but I suspect it has a little something to do with Hermine and the leak. I'm sure it goes without saying, but I am less than pleased. Scentsy is doing an amazing job masking the odor, though. My room is now more cinnamon bun-ish than old, moldy ham sandwich-ish. A+ to Scentsy! D minus to me probably inhaling moldy spores of some sort.

Yup. If I drop dead from some mystery illness in the next few weeks or so, point the doctors in the direction of my room and the ham sammich smell, won't you?

Been taking it easy with the boyfriend lately. We're working on our communication skills and how to fill each others' love tanks. It hasn't been easy by any means, but I do know the end result will be worth all the trouble and strife. He's an amazing guy, he's just new to relationships.

Friday he picked me up and took me on a sunset picnic at the pond/lake by his house. It was so romantic! I wish I had of brought my camera with me because just as we finished eating our Subway sammiches, a flock of Canadian geese (why they're this far south, I haven't a clue) flew in right at sunset and chose to land on the water right in front of us. It was such an amazing sight! We were both sitting there slack-jawed and just gawking in amazement. I could kick myself for not having my camera on me! We oohed and ahhed for a good 20 minutes about it.

Once a year, at the end of swimming season, one of the local water parks hosts a "Dog Splash Day". The water park literally goes to the dogs! Owners are free and admission is only $5 per dog. The dogs have free reign of the entire park (minus the slides) and the staff holds contests for the critters to compete in. Saturday the 11th was Dog Splash Day this year and we decided to take full advantage of it.

Zoey, my 6 year old Aussie, has been several times in the past but I decided to bring both girls this time around. We entered Kittie into the talent contest (she won 2nd place) and she enjoyed the attention but otherwise hated being at the park. Never in her 8 years (and 11 & a half months) on this planet has she ever naturally been a water dog, though she does tolerate swimming when we're at the lake on occasion. She really wanted nothing to do with the pool and paced along the pool edge for most of the day. We convinced her to swim and even got both dogs to jump into the pool (against their better judgement) by the end of the day. Whoo hoo! It was a blast and I can't wait to do it again next year. Kittie and I will have to work on some new tricks for the talent contest.


Do not allow yourself to be fooled by the grin on her face. Kittie was not pleased at all.



Zoey on the other hand takes to the water like its 2nd nature. We nearly had to drag her out of the pool to get her to leave.



Today I decided to spray paint the nightstand and I learned the reason why sanding prior to painting is a necessity. More on that later. ♥


xoxo,
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment