Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saying Goodbye


Currently Listening To: Shine [Collective Soul]


*Le sigh*

I think the time has come to say goodbye to my friend, Booger. He's a great little guy and so stinkin' cute, but I just don't have the time to spend with him like I used to. He's hardly ever out of his cage anymore, I'm hardly ever home, he's practically begging for attention... With a heavy heart, I decided to post an ad on Craigslist a few days ago in an attempt to find him a better home. The first response to my ad, received about 20 minutes after I posted it, was from a woman who wanted to trade me FOUR FROGS (and their terrarium) for Booger. Um, what? That's pretty sad. Four frogs for my talking, lovable, parrot who actually has a personality? I don't know a whole lot about frogs (I do know that my dogs like to catch them and chew on them) but I don't think they have much of a personality. Four frogs for my bird.... Not gonna happen.

Ugh.

I'm offended at the very notion.

Anyways, I've got to do some praying. I'm not totally set on giving him away, but I have to do what's best for him. Is it better he stay with me, where he's comfortable but not getting the attention he needs and HOPE things change and I can spend more time with him eventually OR he go to a new home with someone who has plenty of time and attention to give him?

I love him to pieces. I just don't know what to do.


XOXO

1 comment: